Culross Village in Scotland
Culross (Scottish Gaelic: Cuileann Ros, 'holly point or promontory') is a village and former royal burgh, and parish, in Fife, Scotland.
Originally, Culross served as a port city on the Firth of Forth and is believed to have been founded by Saint Serf during the 6th century.
The Culross Mercat cross is Category A listed. Its base dates to the original 16th-century Mercat cross. Its shaft and capital, meanwhile, are 1902 replacements, the work of John William Small (architect) and Alexander Neilson (sculptor).
Image dimensions: 5584 x 8368 pixels