The Kincardine Bridge
The Kincardine Bridge is a road bridge crossing the Firth of Forth from the Falkirk council area to Kincardine, Fife, Scotland.
The bridge was constructed between 1932 and 1936. It was the first road crossing of the River Forth downstream of Stirling, completed nearly thirty years before the Forth Road Bridge, which stands fifteen miles (24 km) to the southeast.
The bridge was constructed with a swinging central section which remained in use until 1988, that would allow larger ships to sail upstream to the small port at Alloa.
Image dimensions: 8368 x 5584 pixels